Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night ...

by Margot Urban

It was a dark and stormy night ... Often, that was the way our family would start our scary stories around the campfire.

In October when the weather would finally cool down some in Houston, we would take our young children and go camping with some of our friends and their families. A favorite pastime, besides eating smores, was our fireside scary story time. Someone would start the story with a sentence or two and then the next person would have to add to it.  With children ranging in age from 4 to 14, the stories could get pretty wild.

As creative as I can be, storytelling was not my forte. For me it often went like this, “... and the children walked through the forest; deeper and deeper until they could walk no further. And then ... all of a sudden ... “  Yup, not much exciting ever happened in my part of the story. But it was usually a pretty good set up for the person after me.

Too bad I didn’t have latest Indie Artisans collection to inspire me in my story telling. 

It was a dark and stormy night.

There was a wicked chill in the air.



It felt like I was being watched.




In the distance I could hear claws scrapping on something.




And then all of a sudden …

(Keep the story going on our Facebook Page by posting an item from the collection and a sentence or two!)

1 comment:

  1. Love Love Love all the awesome scary stuff from IndieArtisans October collection... But... Can you believe I want a happy ending?? hehe bwahaha

    ReplyDelete