Sunday, July 22, 2012

Newest Collection from IndieArtisans!

Color Splash, Hot Hot Hot

contributed by cheryl, libertyoriginals

If you can’t run right down to the beach and jump in the surf, then do the next best thing.  Run to the brightest, coolest, summery style you can get your hands on and bask in it.  No sunburns please!  Slather appropriately with high SPF, UVB, UVA, long-lasting, sun-tested, water (and sweat) proof lotion and get out there and enjoy your summer. 

Tangerine strapless top, by ishkabiddlesdesigns
For a land-locked denizen of central Texas, the lure of the sea is strong.  Nothing says summer to me like a trip to the beach.  This year, the beaches of Florida’s gulf and a very special trip up the Atlantic coastline leave me longing for more sand in my toes.  The gentle sway of the Gulf of Mexico in the waters of Texas and Florida seem worlds away from the incredible power and intensity of the Atlantic.  I’ve fallen in love with the fury of the sea.  Ummm, I didn’t swim, I dipped my toes and dodged the foamy waters as powerful waves crashed and broke and reached towards the dunes.  It’s chilly along the Eastern seaboard in June.  It’s not just that I’m a wimp, those who live there know that wet suits are probably a good idea along with great care to brave high surf and dangerous rip tides.  My shell collection is a constant reminder.  Tough strong quahog shells from the Atlantic are an entirely different animal from the delicate fans and cones collected on Sanibel Island.  No matter which never-ending waters reach to the horizon, the sea demands a healthy respect and I can’t wait to go back.             

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, just yesterday a friend asked me if I’m ready to go back to school.   Nooo, not yet!  Hold on to summer with the newest collection from IndieArtisans.  Check out the entire “Color Splash” collection for bold, fun, never-ending summer.    

Summer Daydreamer, art by Mary Ellen Golden

No comments:

Post a Comment