Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wild Irish Rose

Art is a very personal and each artist expresses their art in their own unique way. The inspiration for an art piece can be almost anything, but often it is from a personal experience or interaction. Resident Indie Artisan Wendy Russell recently shared this personal side of her art.

“When I was a little girl, my sisters and I used to take turns drying the dinner dishes that my Dad so carefully washed each night. That's where I learned every word of every tune from the WWll marches (Over hill, over dale...), the old musicals and Frank Sinatra. But when March rolled around, we'd put on our best out of tune voices and sing every Irish melody my grandmother had taught him. To this day I can't hear an Irish lullaby without shedding a tear or two. My "Wild Irish Rose" painting is dedicated to Dad.”

Will if that don’t make yer Irish eyes smile nothing will!

No comments:

Post a Comment